Hi all weekend campers and families,
In an effort to alleviate any concerns and cut through the sensationalised media, rumors and opinionated announcements (one of our children came home from school yesterday announcing that the coronavirus was in the grass and a child in Sydney was suspended for rolling in the grass at school).
There are currently no alerts from the Australian and NSW governments that would impact the camps at this stage. Recommendations from NSW Health encourages people to:
- stay home and not attend if you are feeling unwell
- stay home and not attend if you have travelled overseas in the past 14 days
- practice good personal hygiene including:
- cleaning your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand rub
- covering your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbow.
ABC Mid North Coast stated yesterday that:
“At this stage, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 across the Mid North Coast Local Health District, which spans from Woolgoolga to Port Macquarie.”
As an organisation we have:
- ensured our emergency management plans are up to date
- briefed staff on how to practice good hygiene and making it easy for staff and attendees to practice good hygiene
- have adequate hand washing facilities available
We have also completed the NDIS recommended online training module for infection prevention and control for COVID-19 from the Australian Government Department of Health.
During the camps we have very limited time in contact with the general public, we will be prompting and supporting children to practice good hygiene and hand washing practices within perspective of the current situation.
If anyone has any other concerns please feel free to contact me directly. We are all looking forward to getting out on camp and increasing our holistic health.